(Last updated: 6-20-2020)
Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may also combine anonymous information and your personal information with other information in a way that it is not associated with you, to create aggregated information. We collect the following categories of information.
- Contractors – personal information you provide when you create an account, which may include your first and last name, state and country of residence, gender, email address, photographs (if provided), business license number(s), if applicable, state(s) licensed, username and password
- Personal information you provide when you request information or purchase products or services from us, whether on our Site or through our Applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- Personal Information you provide in public forums on our Site and Applications such as quotes, comments, photographs, videos, or other digital media
- Personal Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Personal Information you provide to us when you use our Site and Applications, our Applications on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our Site or use our Applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our Site or Applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our Site, use our Applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send
How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our Site and Applications or use our Applications on third-party sites or platforms. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can generally change your browser’s settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to block all cookies. Visit www.aboutcookies.org to learn about how to delete and control cookies using the main browser types.
- To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP“) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site and Applications.
- We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Applications, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Applications crash on your mobile device, we may receive information about your mobile device model, software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- We use third party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site and the Applications. These tools collect information sent by your mobile device or our Site, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving our Site and our Applications. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify any particular individual user.
Use of Your Information by LDR
In general, personal information that you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To send marketing communications from LDR (including but not limited to newsletters, e-mail, direct mail, phone calls, etc.)
- To provide you with the products and services you request
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, respond to your comments and questions, provide customer service, and send you information about features on our Site and Applications or changes to our policies
- With your consent, to post your testimonial along with your name and other information on our Site or in media channels.
- When you disclose information about yourself in any LDR online forum, to post that information on our Site, and on third-party sites
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you
- To send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- To personalize content and experiences on our Site and Applications
- To provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Site and Applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- To understand you and your preferences in order to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Applications, products, and services
- Consistent with local law, to link or combine your personal information with other personal information we get from trusted third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- In addition, LDR may use and share your personal information with its affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners for purposes of follow-up communications, notices, and/or marketing.
- Third Party Advertisements
- We may use anonymous and aggregated information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous and aggregated information for any purpose and to disclose such information to third parties in our sole discretion.
Sharing Your Information With Other Companies
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- If you elect to share your personal information with selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- If you direct us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
- When companies perform services on our behalf such as our vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need access to your personal information to provide these services to us. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose without your specific consent
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, marketing and promotional communications
- You may choose whether to receive offers and promotions for our products and services, or third party products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it. If you completely delete all your personal information, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- You may stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the service or all functionality of the service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
We do not accept any personal information from children under the age of 16 or allow usage of our Site and applications. LDR does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen for any of the features on our Sites and applications.
Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
Modifications to this Policy